Friday, March 7, 2008

I Learned Something about Myself 3.0

Recent conversations with friends have caused me to realize something that I could not earlier have so clearly articulated.

I want Hillary Clinton to win.

I want her to beat Obama.

I want her to become the next President, Madam POTUS.

But I do not want you Obama fans to be mad at me because I want that.

You know, when we race, we race to win, and we race to the finish line. We do not stop before.

One does not race for some greater good against someone who is running for himself. It is not a good bet. Sometimes it works, though.

I do not think she should quit.

If you quit, you lose. It is a fact.

I have won a lot of races from much further behind.

You know I have. You have seen it.

We Hillary fans are still in this.

I don't want you to be angry with me about that, either.

If Obama wins, then he is my guy. Absolutely, man, all the way. It will be more fun than we have had in years kickin' these guys' butts out of Washington. Like a fantastical and wonderful dream that is in all the papers. O-BA-MA! Yes. If he wins.

We must strive always to have a civil discussion, but it sometimes becomes uncivil.

Even so, we choose not to quit.

I would not choose that. You know I would not choose that.

Mostly, I do not want you to be mad at me about my choice to race all the way to the finish line for something I believe. You know I do not have another choice inside me.

Go Hillary!

1 comment:

Tory Hobson said...

Great post... I am a fan of either candidates, kind of leaning towards Obama... But if Clinton does get the nominee... I'll back her 100%. Wish more people felt the same way. Maybe they do, but sure doesn't seem like it.